Technical Delivery Lead
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Group Marketing Platform programme, part of TUI’s international Digital Transformation team.
This role will be responsible for running the software development, testing and infrastructure teams within these programmes, working with the programme managers to deliver the new systems.
This a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in the Marketing arena to enable us to successfully target campaigns to the right customers at the right time.
- Experience of end to end Big Data oriented projects - inception to go-live
- Experience of marketing technologies ideally IBM Campaign/Marketing Cloud and/or similar platforms – Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign/Marketing Cloud
- Experience of .NET development (.NET and SQL).
- Deep understanding and successful track record of delivering customer data focussed projects
- Experience of delivering business intelligence capability, either as structured data warehouses or as KPI dashboards onto existing systems.
- Proven experience as development and test manager for complex systems using multiple technologies and managing teams of 50+ people.
- Comfortable managing remote teams of developers and testers around the world, each using different technology sets and concepts (e.g. unstructured data vs RDBMS, BI tools vs Java vs .NET)
- Overall knowledge of Hadoop technology ecosystem - HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, SPARK, Avro, Parquet and the Amazon Web Services serverless stack for big data and analytics would be highly desirable as would some background in structured data storage such as RDBMS and SQL.
- Previous development experience building on the AWS serverless technology stack along with hands on use of the AWS APIs would be highly advantageous.
- Background in agile development proces with a desire to move to full devops
- Retained sufficient coding skill to be able to build small proof of concept demonstrators as needed to guide technical staff
- Able to promote best practice throughout all delivery teams and know instinctively when an existing practice is not helpful or carries unacceptable risk
- Able to use planning tools such as Jira and Microsoft Project to ensure commitments made to overall milestones can be justified by current status of sprints and feature backlog.
- Able to support QA managers in delivering best practice around automated functional testing, performance testing and penetration testing.
You will act as the delivery authority for our software engineering teams and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, ensuring all engineering teams are working to best practice. You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle internally within the teams as well as working with external stakeholders such as business executives and programme managers to resolve issues. Planning and managing scope and resources to deliver new features will be a core responsibility.
You will help us transition our current processes into a best in class dev-ops approach to building and releasing features. You will ensure we have the teams and capability to perform automated end to end testing across both our functional and non-functional requirements. You will also carefully manage expectations with our stakeholders to ensure we can deliver innovative solutions on time into our source markets.
You will have a strong background of managing development and test teams with a blended mix of onshore, nearshore and offshore resources. You will be comfortable taking a best-practice approach to agile software delivery within an overall waterfall programme management framework. In particular, we are looking for a rare blend of core technical understanding across the full technology stack, coupled with the ability to manage very senior stakeholders around the world.