Senior Engineer - VOC
As a Senior Engineer within our Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in technically delivering our data and analytical product alongside a talented multi-disciplinary team comprising of engineering, analytics, science and BI developers. You will value outcomes as well as good process and be motivated by your effort being productionised, used and making a difference to the company’s success.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
- A passionate senior engineer with a minimum of five years commercial data engineering experience
- Experience working with both modern compiled and dynamic / scripting languages: e.g. node, Go, Java 8, Scala, python.
- Experience in real-time analytics and streaming platforms (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty
- Comfortable working with SQL / NoSQL
- An advocate of agile practices for rapid development of quality software, such as CI, TDD, and automated deployment
- Comfortable learning new technologies, languages, and tools on the job, to ensure that the product is not left behind in a rapidly evolving ecosystem
- A positive, collaborative mind-set and a desire to deliver real business value to the customer
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures
- Real passion for big data and streaming technologies
- An ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business, not afraid to raise questions and help us improve.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Transforming complex business structures, processes and activities into technical solutions
- Design, build and support scalable, high performance data applications, web services, repositories and data governance related applications
- Contribute to the definition of data architecture standards and establish best practices for data management (including the handling of Personally Identifiable Information - PII)
- Design and implement logical and physical data models across platforms
- Manage equivalent, separate data sets across different development and staging environments as part of our release process
- Seek out opportunities to propose new concepts and ideas in ‘Big Data’ and expand existing platforms or leverage new technologies to meet more complex business needs