Senior Business Analyst – Data
You are a passionate Senior Analyst who lives and breathes the product details and customer’s requirements. You can have insightful conversations with business owners (product managers), Product Owners, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and technical architects to deliver value for your customers that you represent. You have an analytical mind but have the interpersonal skills to elicit the needs from what a customer wants. You have worked in agile teams, working closely with the plethora of roles needed to define a successful product in the market. You are an enthusiastic and self-starter partnering with the Product Owner to refine and execute a product backlog
Working closely with the Product team, Architecture and Developers across London, Luton and TUI’s Source Markets around Europe to deliver data science based product. You will be maintaining, grooming and prioritising a backlog of product features with technical PO.
You will be working with Data Scientist and ML Engineers in agile manner to provide the Insights for the analytics foundations of TUI. You will Interact with the customer domain to identify, capture and analyse business requirements. You will perform data analysis including data mapping, report analysis, and help define data interfaces.
You will be working in our London Bridge Office or Luton with some home working. You will be a pivotal member of our team and have the opportunity to lay the foundations of TUI’s future digital presence in the market place.
This role will focus on delivering excellence in data analytics by identifying different types of data that need tracking to improve business performance. You will look at spotting trends in data, specific to the business area being supported. Develop and maintain data models in collaboration with Data & Analytics Business Partners. Conduct market/other research relevant to the business area and prepare and present regular and ad hoc analytics findings/recommendations for action (if applicable) to the business area leadership management team as appropriate.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst
- Requirements management (Stories and Scenarios)
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Written and verbal communication, preferably with technical writing skills
- Good understanding of Agile best practice
- Understanding of Data science practices
- Facilitation and Elicitation Skills
- Previously worked on a ”Big Data platform”, enabling non-technical users to gain insight into key business metrics
- Some SQL and data profiling skills is desirable
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes)
- A natural curiosity and passion for diving into the data and driving game-changing decision-making
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty
- A real can-do attitude with a willingness to just get on with the job and make great things happen
- Strong experience in user testing and project management is desirable
- Experience with Machine Learning and Models in terms what they can do (rather than how) is desirable
- Be the data experts for that delivery functions
- Collaborate with Data Scientist to explore opportunities to deploy advanced analytics such as machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Actively participating in a TUI Analytics Community.
- Help more junior analysts in their roles.
- Be able to understand the business requirements and plot the data required to serve those requirements
- Provide in-depth marketing, sales and Service analysis across all channels as and when required, including analysis on:
- Customer interaction patterns and frequencies
- Proactively make clear recommendations to help maximise performance