An outstanding opportunity to help create and deliver the product vision for TUI’s mobile-oriented customer strategy.
Innovation in mobile is changing the way we do business and transforming the way our customers interact with us. Our customers now expect their holiday experience to be enhanced and simplified through innovative mobile products and services. Our future success will to a great extent be built on how well we define that mobile vision and create those products, and how well we bring digital product into our day to day business.
We now have a well-established mobile team based in the heart of London, packed with talented and dedicated people who are building and developing mobile technology for our 20 million customers across the world. The core of our focus is on our multi-award winning mobile apps, which have seen millions of downloads and are used by tens of thousands of our customers every day.
On this foundation, we are now seeking a motivated individual to assist in building an excellent app and achieve our vision for mobile. Our mobile QA Team work closely with product owners, delivery teams, business analysts and UX experts to create and deliver industry-leading mobile application features and innovations for the world’s biggest leisure travel company. This is a fantastic opportunity for a QA Engineer to be part of the mobile transformation of TUI.
- Experience in testing mobile apps in a commercial environment
- Extensive experience in testing Native, Hybrid, Web Mobile apps
- Experience of testing API Services
- Strong knowledge of testing using tools such as:
- Charles Proxy, Android Studio, Xcode
- Cucumber, Appium
- Any automated visual test tools, Sketch
- Postman, LoadRunner and JMeter
- BuddyBuild and HockeyApp
- Altlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Jenkins CI/CD
- ISTQB Foundation - Highly Desirable
- Familiarity with Agile/scrum framework
- Aptitude for Manual Testing
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to the environment and project challenges
- Ability to manage issues, communicate and escalate appropriately and effectively
- Strong communication and the ability to influence others, with the capacity to explain solutions and technologies to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for great technology and user experience
- Define, together with the Product Owner, the acceptance criteria at both the story and the system level and be able to estimate the effort to execute within a sprint.
- Work with the QA and Development teams to establish and maintain the drive for continual improvement of the testing process.
- Write end to end test cases based on the requirements in order to prove the system works as expected.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master and Developers to ensure requirements are being met
- Test newly developed software, existing software upgrades and deployments to ensure quality is maintained; executing all types of manual testing as well as utilising a variety of test tools to enhance testing efficiency, identify vulnerable areas of the software and raise, prioritise and track defect reports through to conclusion.
- Raise defects where appropriate and provide test results and reports on a daily basis.
- Write detailed defect descriptions and work with developers to prioritise and assign bugs depending on the business impact and severity of the issues found and the impact on the project timelines
- Understand the design and the implementation details and assess the affected areas and the risk the implementation can introduce in order to create suitable regression test packs and to prioritise testing within the test phase.