Head of DevOps
To win the digital race in Travel, TUI IT needs to adopt DevOps. The benefits for TUI’s Customer are very clear; a continually evolving experience deeply enriched by the benefits that cutting-edge technology and technique can bring. With significantly increased efficiency, transparency, control, quality and rate of change enabled by DevOps, TUI will be able to deliver more smiles.
Group IT leads the change through broad and deep adoption of Dev Ops culture and delivers a general framework for organization, technology and tools.
Some measurable objectives of the role will be;
- Well defined and understood KPIs and live visualizations of DevOps activity
- A framework to operate, analyse tasks, code, auto testing, configuration, releases, quality evolution
- A well-defined and widely understand DevOps framework and tech stack
- Well defined and understood process for continuous improvement
- Well understood skill sets to drive the right knowledge into teams
- Increase in feature release speed with concomitant decrease in time to market for features.
- Decrease in number of bugs found in live
- Decrease in closure time for bugs in any aspect of development
A unification of the DevOps communities into a pervasive methodical way of working in all teams
- Deep understanding Dev Ops as a mindset as well as Dev Ops in practical use with all the market leading tools and technologies.
- Deep understanding of the methodologies, tools and technologies that can be used to support Dev Ops and Agile.
- Deep understanding of AWS cloud, Atlassian and supporting tool sets that we already have investments in.
- Significant experience of technically transforming companies to Dev Ops.
- Experience of running Agile projects and understanding of core agile concepts and thinking tools. Experience of changing a large IT change organization. Experience of starting a change small and growing it significantly.
- Experience in evangelism and motivation to new ways of thinking and working, new tools and technologies and how to manage change that looks very unappealing.
- Experience converting vendors to new ways of working. Including offshoring companies and others.
- Experience running technical projects and overall generally good technical leadership experience.
- Experience of running cross functional teams and teams that cross many organizational borders.
- Strong on hiring key people with the right balance of technical and leadership skills to drive change.
Ability to speak at significant conferences to promote what TUI is doing.
- Design and agree methodology, KPIs, visualizations for DevOps
- Design and agree devs framework, tech stack and principles
- Support business case work for teams to adopt and justify cost
- Link DevOps to Agile and create a pull to Agile and DevOps
- Setup and run a formal DevOps community of practice to concentrate exchange of knowledge and best practice. Drive creation of the skills where needed, work with HR and Academy on training needed
- Drive the creation of the new practitioners and champions needed to create the DevOps capability.
- Build relationships with regional CIOs, Heads of Architecture, Development/Engineering and Operations but also key business stakeholders who are the best possible champions of this approach.
- Bring best of breed knowledge and process into the IT group
- Get personally involved with light house adoption projects in order to ensure success.
- Speak on the topic at internal IT conferences, keep the IT Board updated.
Run education personally to key people.