Head of Domain Customer Services
Domain Customer Services manages and improves the IT systems underlying TUI Aviation's customer touch points on the ground and on board of a fleet of approximately 150 aircraft. The team champions the standardisation of software and processes across TUI's five source market airlines and partners closely with functions in different areas of the business to modernise the IT landscape in order to meet customer expectations in a challenging environment.
As a member of the Aviation IT leadership team, you will lead a 6 person multi-national team, with members based in three European locations, each offering a mix of IT skills with strong backgrounds in business, operations and Aviation subject matter expertise.
- Experience of working across borders and leading multi-cultural teams.
- Critical thinking and ability to continually challenge teams to strive for delivery of tangible benefits using appropriate metrics.
- Ability to understand user requirements and influence decision making to ensure best outcome for the group.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise high workloads, both own and team tasks, across multi-disciplined teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, fluent in English, further languages would be an advantage.
- Leadership and vision, with a keen interest in business needs regards applications and delivering best value.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible.
- Attention to detail.
- Resiliency, collaboration and a 'can do, will do' attitude.
- Forward thinking with an emphasis on continuous improvement, to identify opportunities for efficiencies and where the team can add further value.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Enthusiastic champion of Applications Support, Continual Improvement and excellent customer service.
- Proven experience of managing multi-disciplined and virtual Application Support teams. This is to include operational support against SLA, Change Management, Application Lifecycle management, development and project delivery.
- Experience in managing Application support contracts both from a service and financial perspective, understanding maintenance contracts and licence models where possible.
- Proven team management skills, particularly performance management and employee engagement.
- Proven customer service and stakeholder management experience.
- Demonstrate similar experience in a similar position and size of company.
- Experience of reporting at a local and senior stakeholder level on service/team performance.
As the Head of Domain Customer Services within the TUI Aviation IT organisation you will:
- Lead the strategic direction of the team, owning the collation and presentation of all team data such as effort, trends, SLA adherence, performance and service to influence future support options.
- Ensure the appropriate processes and systems are in place to provide exceptional customer satisfaction, governance adherence, security adherence and alignment to Group IT policy.
- Responsible for a number of applications which includes owning the development, release and testing processes in collaboration with the other operational source markets.
- Day to day management of the team members, including but not limited to; performance management, recruitment, employee engagement and motivation.
- Supplier Management of the external partners providing the team members, includes but not limited to cost management, time sheet validation, service reviews and the management of warranty issues in conjunction with the project teams.
- Work with the markets and domains to review new IT requirements, deciding on best route for completion, funding and approval via the appropriate governance boards.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction of all IT solutions within the domain’s remit, attending Service Reviews with business owners where required, ensuring any new requirements are understood and service reports are explained.
- Ensure that Service Level failures are investigated and work with internal teams and external service providers to improve and enhance the quality and continuing availability of the application services.
- Own and manage licensing and maintenance contracts in collaboration with TUI Aviation’s Supplier Management & Procurement team.
- Act as apoint of contact for any escalations to and by senior stakeholders across the business.
- Manage and develop roadmaps and continually assess available technology options and solutions.
- Build and manage relationship with key stakeholders that include service desk managers, development managers, 3rd party providers, etc.
- The alignment and continual improvement of business processes across all source markets.