|TUI Business:||Group IT|
United Kingdom | London | SE1 9BB | Minerva House 3-5 Montague Close London Bridge
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
As a Software Tester you will work closely with colleagues including product owners, software engineers, data engineers and systems & data analysts to create, deliver and implement industry-leading real time marketing technology solutions and innovations for the world’s biggest leisure travel company.
The Marketing Technology team has a commitment to deliver a connected, real time Global Marketing Platform (GMP) for all markets across Europe. The transformation and development of GMP is ever increasing and the ability to implement a continuous feature delivery pipeline is key to its success. You’ll be joining an exciting, new team to develop industry leading solutions to meet business needs.
We are headquartered in Germany, with an international office network in London, Luton, Hanover, Porto and Berlin to mention few. This role will be part of our leading scrum team in our London hub.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. We have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
What you will be doing:
As a Software Tester you will Define, together with the relevant Technical and Business Lead, the acceptance criteria at both the story and the system level and be able to estimate the effort to execute within a sprint.
You will write automated and manual end to end test cases based on the requirements in order to prove the system works as expected while working closely with the QA and Development teams to establish and maintain the drive for continual improvement.
Test newly developed software, existing software upgrades and deployments to ensure quality is maintained; executing all types of manual testing as well as utilizing a variety of test tools to enhance testing efficiency, identify vulnerable areas of the software and raise, prioritize and track defect through to conclusion - Providing test results and test reports on a daily basis.
Perform all forms of testing (System, SIT, Continuous Integration Testing, Smoke test and Regression) in a dynamic and agile environment with continuous integration and deployment of new releases. Write detailed defect descriptions and work with developers and Scrum Masters to prioritize and assign bugs depending on the business impact and severity of the issues found and the impact on the project timelines.
What we are looking for:
- Agile-minded, innovate thinker with “can do” approach – strong collaboration and communication skills, emotionally resilient with ability to thrive under pressure in fast -paced environment. You will have strong commercial awareness and leadership potential.
- Experience in testing marketing technologies, data integrations and front end solutions in a commercial environment
- Proven record - hands on testing in manual, automation and API (restful services) areas – your technical skills will be assessed as part of recruitment process in mentioned areas
- Experience of Java based development
- Testing Qualifications, in particular ISTQB Foundation, are highly desirable.
- Experience with Atlassian stack (for defect management, agile Sprint and task management and requirements / story management)
- Experience in testing within an Agile/scrum framework
- Demonstrate flexibility and adapt to the environment and project challenges
- Ability to manage issues and communicate and escalate appropriately and effectively
- Good communications and influencing skills, with the ability to explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for great technology and user experience
Strong knowledge and experience in test tools:
- Cucumber and Appium/Selenium
- CI/CD tools
- Postman or similar tool for API testing
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com