Service Transition Manager | Luton | TUI
At TUI, we never stop looking for new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We are developing and delivering new digital capabilities across our business that will transform our customers’ experience.
In Digital Platforms, we are creating a cross platform, unified Service Management capability to drive seamless delivery of the digital vision as implemented across the portfolio of large scale programmes and projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of delivery focused, innovative people dedicated to providing customers with an inspiring, exciting and memorable experience covering TUI’s entire operation; online presence, mobile platforms, retail network, contact centres, aircraft and ships.
What you will be doing
Working with the rest of the Digital Platforms the Service Design and Transition Manager will need to ensure that systems are designed to operable, recoverable, and maintainable by Service Operations; where appropriate, assessing the capabilities of delivery partners and service providers (support teams). Working with the product owners, solution architects, business analysts and service level managers, you will not only be accountable for the upfront service design (service design package) but also to ensure all service management activities have been completed to ensure a smooth implementation into the live service.
Before and after “go live” you will work with the release management team to ensure the software defect position is made clear to stakeholders and warranty obligations of all parties are documented and managed to completion, to ensure service operations are comfortable accepting a service into support.
Where appropriate, you will be responsible for making sure the in service’ OPEX costs are taken into account within the overall project/solution cost and the estimated effort required to transition a services into support are actively monitored and delivered within budget.
What we are looking for
- Be accountable for Service Design and Transition activities for a portfolio of IT services within the business
- Define and be responsible for designing fit for purpose end-to-end service models, aligned to best practice (ITIL & SIAM)
- Ensure service solutions are operable, recoverable and maintainable by service operations and are transitioned into the operational service
- Act as the single point of contact for the projects into operations and coordinate all transition activities
- Help the projects to successfully transition the service by clearly defining the Operations Acceptance Criteria from the start and guiding the projects to meet them
- Protect Operations / Production in ensuring existing services are not impacted adversely by the project releases.
- Ensure early engagement into projects and drive collaboration between different TUI teams and Operations SMEs including third party suppliers
- Work with the IT Release Manager and Change Manager to ensure that transition and implementation plans fit into the overall TUI release calendars
- Negotiate appropriate warranty support arrangements with Projects that is acceptable to Operations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the Service Transition Process, providing support and guidance to projects to achieve successful transition of services into Production
- Build and maintain relationships with Project & Programme Managers, and Service Operations to influence their decisions regarding the approach to the implementation of new/changed services
- Work collaboratively with Architecture to ensure that services are operable and supportable in production
- Work with Product Owners to ensure expectations of service levels are appropriately set and managed with end users
- In conjunction with the Service Manager, review and improve the Service Transition process and associated deliverables
- Quality assure SI Partner’s Service Transition activities and deliverables
- Publish and maintain a Service Transition Readiness Report for each project
- Co-ordinate Design Walkthroughs, Service Readiness dress rehearsals, and Operational Acceptance Criteria
- To be responsible for informing IT Operations of expected SLAs for the solution to ensure the Division’s Service Catalogue is accurately updated
- Present projects at appropriate forums to give a readiness status update, and gain agreement to Go Live from Service Operations stakeholders
- To be accountable for ensuring any and all third party dependences for resolving groups are in place and effective
- In conjunction with Release Management undertake Release assessments to aid optimal delivery of change
- Responsible for Early Life Support management, ensuring entry/exit criteria defined, agreed and met
- Responsible for the Post Implementation Review Process, ensuring lessons learnt are captured as improvement opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in transitioning large scale projects covering multiple internal teams and vendors, from development into support
- Experience in designing end-to-end service and support models.
- ITIL v3 certified
- Very strong ITIL Service Transition process knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technology experience specifically within knowledge, change and release management.
- Experience within a multi-vendor team structure.
TUI and you
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Forward thinking ways of working
• TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
• Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com