Senior Web Developer | Stockton-On-Tees | TUI
Could you be interested in working for the world’s leading holiday company? Because there’s a lot more to TUI than you might think! We’re privileged to send over 5 million UK customers on holiday every single year. We create unforgettable moments that last a lifetime.
TUI UK Retail operate Online Travel Agency (OTA) websites which include Holidayhypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk, Cruisedeals.co.uk and a range of corporate websites. Retail websites is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward.
Our TUI Family in the North East have a wealth of experience and the leadership team value input and collaborative ways of working. You will definitely broaden your skills with us.
Joining the Retail Websites team in Stockton-on-Tees, as a Senior .NET Web developer, you will design, develop and maintain the customer facing website’s supporting systems using the latest tools from Microsoft MSDN and other leading providers.
How you will make an impact as a Senior Web Developer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- As a Senior .NET Developer, you will design and develop systems to support our customer facing websites, web APIs, back office systems and cloud based infrastructure. Within an agile development team, you will be developing against a product backlog in Team Foundation Server and submitting changes to the build and release pipeline.
- Your day to day role will include software architecture design, implementing new web API functionality, integrating with supplier systems, maintaining the CI processes, managing web hosting infrastructure and enabling the design team to achieve their goals. As an experienced developer, you will take an active part in analysing each backlog item and the definition of tasks. You will also peer review code ensuring it meets against coding standards and make suggestions for architectural improvements. You will be working closely with our other developers, Test Analyst, Product Owners, Management, Social and Marketing.
- On top of this, you will also be allowed to enhance your skill set as you will be allowed designated time each week to help improve your ability and research new technology. With the variety of systems developed and maintained, this role really does present a unique challenge for candidates based locally in the Teesside area.
What you will bring to TUI as a Senior Web Developer :
- Minimum 3 years of commercial development experience in a team environment
- Experience with C# ASP.NET MVC
- Experienced in TDD, writing unit and integration tests, including structuring code to be testable
- Knowledge of integrating with databases, ideally using SQL Server and LINQ
- Web services – RESTful, Web API & SOAP
- Familiar with a collaborative, agile approach
- Working in a team conducting peer code reviews
- The ability to prioritise and execute tasks and make sound decisions in emergency situation
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computing related degree Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar related subject
- An understanding of SOLID principles and architectural design patterns
- DevOps experience configuring and maintaining Windows and Linux based environments
- Supporting continuous integration, release management models and processes using Octopus Deploy and PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of data file formats (XML, JSON, CSV, Flat files, Fixed Width, Ragged Right)
- Network and Connectivity experience (HTTP(S), FTP(S), SFTP, SSH)
- PowerShell scripting
- Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) knowledge - preferably Amazon AWS
- Strong knowledge of creating software architecture documentation
- Secure development standards including OWASP
- Modern front end technologies - HTML5, AJAX, jQuery, CSS3 and Less/Sass
- Knowledge of Photoshop, implementing UIs' from mock-ups and/or wireframes
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com