Product Owner - Group Customer Account
An outstanding opportunity to help create and deliver the product vision for TUI’s Group-wide Customer Account.
Personalisation and frictionless journeys are now hygienic factors of a digital experience. Our customers now expect us to recognise them and retrieve their bookings automatically across different devices and channels, they expect to be able to save all their personal, passport and wallet details to reuse them easily in their next purchase and they expect recommendations to fit to what we know about them and be relevant to them. None of this can be done at a Group level, leveraging our size and knowledge across different businesses, without a Group-wide Customer Account.
We have recently started building and rolling out a common Customer Account across the whole of TUI so we can join customer journeys better as well as be able to identify customers across all our digital touchpoints. However, joining up the customer identifier is just the beginning and we have an exciting way ahead with stored payments, social sharing and collaborating, recommendations and many other exciting topics around the corner.
The role will be part of the TUI Group Mobile & Customer Account team, based in central London in the European Tech Hub of the company where the mobile, digital marketing, analytics and other digital teams are based.
What you will be doing
As a Product Owner in TUI’s Customer Account team you’ll help define and deliver the roadmap for the Group Account. You will:
Build The Group Account Roadmap:
Work closely with the Business Lead to ideate and build a roadmap for the future features to be enabled by the Group Account. Work closely with the delivery teams from the Source Markets and different Business Areas to understand the current pain points and restrictions and raise solutions.
Manage The Product Backlog:
Develop, refine and prioritise the product backlog for the Group Account. Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog items. Provide insight for defining and planning the overall Product Roadmap based on specialised knowledge and research, both internal and external.
Deliver New Features:
Drive delivery of the new features for the Group Account through the Group Services scrum team. Compose User Epics, User Stories & Acceptance Criteria to a high standard, covering not only happy paths. Work with development teams to establish and document technical details needed for user stories. Work with QA, test & release teams to ensure all features are of the highest quality and timely.
Support Market/Business Rollouts:
Support the initial migration and rollout of the Group Account in the different Source Markets and Businesses. Work closely with the App and local Web teams to achieve roll out of new features as they become available in the Group Services.
Monitor and Drive KPI Performance:
Take personal ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets. Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in conjunction with the Business Lead to address these.
Engage Stakeholders Effectively:
Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas, building strong working relations. Work closely with change owners and ensure all stakeholders are updated appropriately on a regular basis. Produce regular updates on development progress, KPI performance, and comms for governance meetings.
What we are looking for
- Exceptional business analysis skills, able to analyse and map complex business and systems processes and develop effective solutions to customer, business and technical challenges
- Exceptional business requirements and user story writing, able to articulate clearly and precisely what is required, and think through both happy and unhappy paths in detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement, able to develop trusted working relationships across business boundaries
- Strong communications and influencing skills, able to analyse and communicate technical concepts to create practical solutions and influence decisions
- Strong customer focus, able to champion the needs of our customers travelling with us in every feature
- Good understanding of relevant digital technologies, with the ability to follow technical conversations and challenge decisions if the requirements are not fulfilled
- Good commercial awareness, able to deliver commercial outcomes whilst still delivering for customers
- Good numeracy skills, able to digest and track KPIs and manipulate simple spreadsheets
- Background in Product Ownership, Product Management or Business Analysis.
- Preferred previous experience working in an Agile development
- Experience working in a cross-functional, cross-cultural team
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com