Mobile Marketing Manager
An outstanding opportunity to lead and coordinate marketing activity for TUI’s mobile apps across Europe.
Innovation in mobile is changing the way we do business and transforming the way our customers interact with us. Our customers now expect their holiday experience to be enhanced and simplified through innovative mobile products and services. Our mobile team, well-established in the heart of London, is packed with talented and dedicated people that have developed multi-award winning mobile apps across Europe.
These mobile apps are currently used by hundreds of thousands of customers every month, however, our future success in this area will be determined by our ability to scale app usage to TUI’s 20m customers worldwide. This represents a major strategic goal for our business which will require effective promotion and marketing of our mobile apps across the customer journey. We are therefore seeking a talented individual to take on the role of Mobile Marketing Manager, to co-ordinate our efforts to acquire, activate, engage and retain our app users.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative and commercially minded marketer to be part of the mobile transformation of TUI.
What you will be doing:
Working in TUI’s Mobile Hub, you will develop the marketing strategy and direct marketing activity for our Mobile Apps across Europe. As the Mobile Marketing Manager for the app you will:
- DEVELOP THE APP MARKETING STRATEGY
Work with marketing teams across Europe to understand and define best practice across multiple disciplines, including ASO, digital marketing and push notifications. Conduct competitor analysis to understand the app landscape. Define a marketing strategy that promotes TUI’s app throughout the customer journey, driving user acquisition, activation, engagement and retention.
- IMPLEMENT APP MARKETING STRATEGY ACROSS ALL CHANNELS
Work with TUI’s Business Divisions to ensure that marketing support, resources, spend and activity is focused on driving take-up and usage of the app. Influence stakeholders up to CMO level to implement the app marketing strategy and ensure that the app is marketed to support the growth of App KPIs.
- DELIVER MARKETING ENABLERS
Ensure that key enablers for app marketing are implemented across TUI’s touchpoints. Work closely with the app Product Managers to define and support delivery of enablers for app marketing activity, e.g. improvements to onboarding, deep-link capability, opt-in screens, etc.
- MANAGE MARKETING PERFORMANCE & DRIVE APP GROWTH
Ensure that app marketing drives growth in app KPIs. Monitor app marketing performance, report on the effectiveness of marketing activity and manage any under-performance with relevant departments. Work closely with the app analytics and commercial teams to build a deeper understanding of the role played by the app in TUI’s customer journey (LTV, acquisition savings, retention, attribution).
What we are looking for:
Skills & Behaviours
- Strong analytical skills
- Good eye for detail
- Strong commercial drive and understanding of key business priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively across teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working on mobile or app previously, or a specialism in mobile marketing.
- Proven track record scaling a digital channel through marketing activity.
- Understanding of mobile marketing and best practise across user acquisition, activation, engagement and retention
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial driven marketing within ecommerce, travel experience is an advantage.
- Experience of developing and executing marketing strategies.
- Useful, but not required, to speak any of the following languages: German, Swedish, Dutch, French
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com