Mobile Commercial Manager
An outstanding opportunity to lead the commercial activity that drives the growth of TUI’s mobile apps in Europe.
Innovation in mobile is changing the way we do business and transforming the way our customers interact with us. Our customers now expect their holiday experience to be enhanced and simplified through innovative mobile products and services. Our future success in this area will be determined by our ability to understand how our customers are using these mobile tools and leverage insight to drive our decision making and strategy.
We now have a well-established mobile team based in the heart of London, packed with talented and dedicated people who are building and developing mobile technology for our 20 million customers across the world. The core of our focus is on our multi-award winning mobile apps, which have seen millions of downloads and are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
On this foundation, we are now seeking a talented individual to set the commercial context for our mobile app performance. The Mobile Commercial Manager will establish a framework that ensures activity is directed to driving the right outcomes, and help business areas understand the appropriate levers to focus on to transition TUI into a more mobile-centric business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially minded professional to be part of the mobile transformation of TUI.
What you will be doing:
Working in TUI’s Mobile Hub, you will lead the commercial activity and performance management of Mobile Apps across our European Source Markets. As the Mobile Performance Manager for the app you will:
- TRACK APP PERFORMANCE
Maintain a detailed understanding of app performance. Work closely with the Analytics team to provide insight through KPI reports, dashboards and commentary. Translate this into clearly communicated performance updates that are easily understood by the relevant stakeholders across the business.
- DRIVE APP GROWTH
Drive growth in app KPIs, ensuring that they are appropriately targeted to drive performance, have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets. Highlight under-performance of metrics and provide insight as to the drivers for this, whilst also communicating growth opportunities to the Product and Marketing teams.
- TURN DATA INTO INSIGHT
Ensure that we become data-driven in everything that we do. Provide insight to support decision-making and prioritization for the app roadmap, backlog and features. Help with hypothesis definition and benefit estimation for new features. Build deeper understanding of the app’s role in the customer journey (LTV, acquisition savings, retention, attribution).
- SET COMMERCIAL CONTEXT
Lead the development of commercial forecast models that determines what high performance looks like for our mobile apps. Assess and understand the drivers of app growth and how they are changing. Then work with the Product and Marketing teams to forecast future growth to define app KPIs and targets. Align these across Source Markets and Business Units within TUI.
What we are looking for:
Skills, Behaviours & Experience
- Exceptional commercial acumen, target driven with a passion for implementing data driven ideas to exceed goals. Always able to link performance and data analysis with the business strategy and big picture.
- Exceptional numeracy skills, able to analyse performance and compare data sets, identifying valuable customer segments, spotting trends and drivers of change.
- Exceptional communications skills, able to translate data into easy to understand insight, and clearly communicate performance to stakeholders at all levels of seniority through various means.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint, comfortable with functions such as lookups and pivot tables and building presentations that condense data into easy to understand insights and recommendations.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, able to develop trusted working relationships across business boundaries
- Strong collaborative working style, able to work independently but also interface successfully with colleagues and partners from around the business with a range of roles, skills and seniorities.
- Good understanding of relevant digital technologies, with the ability to harness their potential to drive value
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-geography, multi-cultural environment.
We are keen to hear from candidates with relevant commercial experience gained in the IT / Digital sector.
- Useful, but not required, to speak any of the following languages: German, Swedish, Dutch, French
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com