Lead Quality Engineer | Luton | TUI
As a Lead Quality Engineer will manage and perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT)/Business Acceptance testing for all new functionality/changes being delivered to the TUI Northern Regions selling platforms and business systems. You will work alongside Project Managers, Release Management, Developers, Delivery Managers, IT Test Managers, Testers and Quality Engineers, to ensure all changes introduced meet business requirements and are successfully deployed to TUI Northern Regions Production systems.
The Lead Quality Engineer will have ownership of required UAT coverage, based on gathered requirements, as well as input from key stakeholders and teams within the business. The Lead role will have overall ownership in a matrix management style of the Senior Quality Engineers to drive best practice and consistent management of product quality across the Product delivery teams. You will work alongside the Senior Quality Engineers and UAT testers across the Northern Region to drive digital first quality methodologies whilst understanding the IT testing initiatives and automation processes – namely BDD and the automation pipeline.
The role of the Lead Quality Engineer is vital to safeguarding our customers’ overall digital experience, from both a customer front-end and business user perspective. This covers all new deliverables into our production environments as well as the overall stability and customer experience of our live services. TUI needs to continuously improve in order to benefit the online customer experience and conversion whilst ensuring our live production services are meeting our customers’ expectations.
How you will make an impact as a Lead Quality Engineer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- As a Lead Quality Engineer, you will lead a team of Quality Engineers and be responsible for managing and conducting User/Business acceptance testing across a wide range of new deliverables and changes ,driven from the Product Owners within our Digital Enhancements development teams as well as projects from various areas within the business. This includes owning and managing resource and test planning, execution and reporting to all stakeholders on progress, ensuring that defects are prioritised.
- As a Lead within the Quality Engineering matrix team, you are accountable for ensuring common principles and best practice quality testing and management is conducted across the wider product teams. You will actively work with your IT colleagues to understand the new testing initiatives (namely BDD & the automation pipeline) to gain insight into the ways of working and any requirement changes impacting your team.
- TUI UK & I is part of a Group business and we strive to gain efficiencies and common systems & processes across source market functions. As a lead within quality, you will work with your other source market quality counter parts to ensure test coverage and an optimum customer experience. You will proactively seek new ways of working to gain further efficiencies and common goals across source markets.
- When working in a Product team (Agile or Waterfall) you will be the accountable owner of the quality of the live product, not only providing test support for new developments, but also monitoring the live products quality using the range of tools available. You will be passionate about this product, proactively spot issues or opportunities, feed these back into the Product backlog.
- You will work closely with the Sales & Marketing and Commercial functions to ensure that sufficient coverage is being provided on changes being delivered. The main focus will be on ensuring the business requirements are being met and that changes being delivered do not detrimentally impact the overall user experience. You will be required to continuously review business test requirements to drive a clear resourcing plan to ensure testing coverage is adequate.
- Overseeing the creation of test cases and test execution, ensuring test environments are available and meet the necessary requirements is key to this role to ensure test requirement are maintained and completed in line with release gates and schedules.
- Defect analysis, root cause tracking, priority impact analysis is vital to this role to drive a high quality of code and digital change. Digital awareness and business knowledge will help drive correct and relevant prioritisation whilst understanding the commercial and customer impact.
- As Project Manager/Product Owner/Business Sponsor defines what change is required you will define how you will validate the changes have been met as well as defining whether additional testing coverage is required from other areas of the business. Responsibilities will include ensuring the Digital Operations and Services teams are updated on all deliverables and any defects agreed to go live, so that actions can be taken to mitigate any risks. You will input into the improvement and implementation of tailored testing methods from planning through to sign off, and own the projects and provide adequate visibility on their progress.
- You will be responsible for embedding a culture of continuous improvement. Working in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention and continued improvements in meeting our customer requirements. In turn, the Lead Quality Engineers will be responsible for ensuring communicating any test procedure or standards changes to fellow Senior Quality Engineers, ensuring a timely and consistent implementation of these.
What you will bring to TUI as a Lead Quality Engineer:
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things
- We are looking for an ambitious individual with a good understanding of ecommerce web development who can help drive quality changes being delivered into our live sites and systems.
- Someone who is customer centric and is passionate about delivering continuously improved customer experience.
- experience within a testing role.
- ISTQB foundation certified.
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple business and IT teams.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Someone with testing experience/expertise. Previous experience working with TUI UK and Ireland mainstream IT and business systems is desirable.
- Someone with experience of automated testing experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders – influencing behaviour and changing opinions based on business knowledge and competence.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (successful candidate will need to work early mornings to support project implementation).
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com