Front End Engineer
|TUI Business:||Group IT|
United Kingdom | London | SE1 9BB | Minerva House 3-5 Montague Close London Bridge
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
As a Software Engineer you’ll be working within a cross-functional team made up of data engineers, developers and testers - Delivering across the entire software development life cycle, from concept /design/ build/ deploy /test, right through to release and support across our Marketing Platforms.
The Marketing Technology team has a commitment to deliver a connected, real time Global Marketing Platform (GMP) for all markets across Europe. The transformation and development of GMP is ever increasing and the ability to implement a continuous feature delivery pipeline is key to its success. You’ll be joining an exciting, new team to develop industry leading solutions to meet business needs.
We are headquartered in Germany, with an international office network in London, Luton, Hanover, Porto and Berlin to mention few.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. We have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
What you will be doing:
As a Software Engineer you will develop and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future TUI software applications. This will include collaborating with product owners and design colleagues to deliver inspirational applications, and continue to optimise their performance post release.
A key part of this role will be to develop and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management. You will also build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects and create and maintain a robust technical framework to support TUI applications and platforms.
Within this role you will also create custom solutions and features spanning multiple marketing technologies, with minimal duplication of effort. You will also seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity.
You will test functionality and produce readable documentation for the created sources in accordance with the documentation guidelines, as well as take responsibility for the consistency and viability of the software changes made in the test and production environments
What we are looking for:
- A good understanding and experience across multiple marketing technologies, especially focusing on integrations, and custom features.
- Experience with outside data sources and API’s (JSON, SOAP, Rest, XML)
- Strong experience of Agile Scrum development practices.
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD,)
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full development and application lifecycle
- Working knowledge of the general software development landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Understands how a structured approach should be used
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com