DevOps Engineer | London | TUI
Joining the Data and Analytics team as DevOps Engineer, you will develop and implement DevOps strategies and Continuous Delivery pipelines for the delivery functions. You will be accountable for defining and implementing the appropriate infrastructure, tools and processes to support continues delivery of change. You will be key in maturing our organisation in continuous delivery and help with implementing the processes to ensure high availability and quality.
The data and analytics team is embarking on a number of analytic and micro service projects including productionising data science models for consumption across all our channels.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What you will be doing
As a DevOps Engineer you will work closely with Delivery team to define continuous delivery approach, availability metrics, define acceptance criteria and implement the deployment pipelines to support the delivery of change into production. You will work with Delivery to ensure there is a consistent approach to deployment and high availability is maintained, removing opportunities for human error and implement highly repeatable deployment approaches.
You will work with Test Automation Team to ensure the appropriate automation test are developed and executed, providing high visibility of quality and functional acceptance of change.
Working closely with the Tech Lead community, you will define Continuous Integration strategy and ensure high quality code is delivered into our integrated test environments. You will be accountable for the continuous deployment process, associated tools, adherence to principles and adoption to good practice across all the delivery functions.
Within this role you will maintain core deployment pipelines and continuously improve quality. You will report on key service metrics relating to availability, usage, utilisation, savings, deployment and through-put.
Create and maintain automated build processes including, build scripts, build machines, self-service and nightly builds, build artefacts and storage, build on commit, dependency repositories, secured config, triggered builds, build clusters, virtual machine builds and gated commits
What we are looking for
- Hands-on experience with production AWS systems
- Strong system administration (Linux/Unix)
- Strong scripting skillset (Bash, Python)
- Multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking
- Containerization – Ideally with exposure to Kubernetes/Docker
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, operational & governance processes, and compliance validation
- FTP Server, knowledge of (s)ftp transfers and servers, passive/active mode, scripting ftp, etc.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Experience of implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
- Techniques and strategies for maintaining high availability
- Version Control and Branch Management with Git.
- Working knowledge of AWS best practices including:
- AWS Services: Compute and Network, Storage and CDN, Database, Analytics, Application Services, Deployment using CloudFormation templates, and Management
- Overview of Security Processes
- Storage Options in the Cloud
- Defining Fault Tolerant Applications
- Experience with containerization
- Infrastructure as code
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com