TUI Data Scientists sit at the heart of the Global Analytics Hub. As part of the hub they will be responsible for the development and delivery of cutting edge analytics on our next generation data platforms. They will work with our in-market analyst teams to centralise our finest capabilities and democratise complex marketing analytics to hundreds of users within our business.
Reporting directly into the Head of Data Science, our Data Scientists play a key role in the building of our Data and Analytics Practice for TUI. They will publicise the great work they’re doing both internally to senior stakeholders and other analysts and externally at international conferences and through public speaker events. They’ll mentor our junior talent and show how to build really great analytics across the European markets.
They will know the key data trends of the moment and the next generation of analytical capabilities at our disposal and they’ll champion the boundless possibilities of contemporary data science to their peers. Exploring, excelling and bringing others along with them.
How you will make an impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
We’re a young team at TUI and we expect our Data Scientists to shape and develop the role around the needs of the business and their own career ambitions. Some of the key activities during the start of the tenure of a Data Scientist will include:
- The ability to work collaboratively and proactively in a fast-paced environment interacting with both a non-technical and technical audience.
- Responsibilities will include both improvements to existing products through innovative use of more advanced techniques as well as development of completely new offerings using Big Data tools.
- Leading the development of machine learning based recommendation models for deployment in a real-time recommendation capability.
- Research new data modelling, machine learning and data mining techniques for application across functions such as recommender systems, optimisation, time series forecasting, AB testing, NLP, clustering and segmentation.
- Evaluate new datasets like clickstream, geo-location, market research, contextual, undertaking data discovery and exploration to identify opportunities to develop strategies and techniques to improve results.
- Leading the development and delivery of next generation analytics using, Snowflake, R, Python, Spark, Sagemaker etc.
- Working with Group analytics and wider teams across the European markets to enhance the analytical value delivered through development of scalable recommendations models.
- Working alongside technical architects to shape and define the analytical technologies of the future at TUI and adoption of the analytics platform.
- Mentoring junior members of the analytics community across the group.
- Represent data science at TUI both internally and externally
- Champion and help to build out our Data and Analytics community at TUI
What you will bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- We’re looking for Data Scientists who can deliver new analytics capabilities to our business quickly and lead others in our next-generation analytics journey.
- They’ll need to be able to communicate complex ideas to others from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- We need people who know about the contemporary data science landscape, the current tools, the pertinent approaches and the likely challenges.
- Interest in using ML to drive a meaningful impact to the consumer experience and business.
- Ability to embed improvements to data science processes, in particular around building, deploying and monitoring models.
- Hands-on experience of data modelling, machine learning and data mining techniques for application across functions such as recommender systems, optimisation, time series forecasting, uplift evaluation and AB testing, Natural Language processing, computer vision, clustering and segmentation.
- Good ability to interpret business requirements, translate into data science problems and deliver high value outputs that show clear business value.
- Ability to make data tell a story through data presentation / visualisation tools and techniques
- We deliver new capabilities to the business through Agile delivery methods, so a working knowledge and experience of Agile, Scrum and Jira would also benefit the candidate.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com