AWS Solutions Architect | Luton | TUI
Cutting edge Technology, Discounted Holidays & Flexible working options – apply to find out more!!
Hi, we’re TUI Technology, we make dreams happen, right now somewhere around the world someone’s holiday dreams are coming true. Our Technologists like to dream big, from big data through to big enterprise-scale solutions, they have their head in the clouds, the AWS Cloud that is! Our dream-makers have helped automate the management of 18 million prices on an hourly basis and now we have a new opening for an experienced Solutions Architect to accommodate a large Cloud migration initiative and support our migration journey by providing architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning applications at scale.
You will typically work on complex, highly secure, high volume, and performant applications, so there are complex challenges to be solved daily. The role will encompass the following activities:
How you will make an impact as a Solutions Architect?
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will focus on Cloud Architecture with a specific focus on AWS.
- You will execute Cloud strategy development and migration projects, design and deploy cloud architecture, evaluate cloud application requirements.
- You will provide support to migration projects with readiness assessments, cost optimisation recommendations.
- Establishing and directing proof of concepts in innovation and make recommendations on adoption.
- You will work with the Security and Information Risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles.
- Apply DevOps standard methodologies bringing development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together, in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which teams can deliver technical solutions.
- You will help us grow our AWS Practice.
What you will bring to TUI as a Solutions Architect:
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things
- Strong IT consulting experience gained using AWS Cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in AWS hybrid architectures specifically on cloud-first application development.
- A good level of practical experience in architecting, estimating costs and operating solutions built on AWS.
- Deep understanding of the security, performance tuning, resilience and availability required for a large-scale web architecture Experience of migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud.
- Sounds knowledge of DevOps tools, automation, and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a cloud platform (Terraform, Ansible etc.).
- Working knowledge of MicroServices and container-based systems would be excellent (Docker, Kubernetes).
- A deep understanding of Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.