AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer | Luton | TUI
Hi, we’re TUI, we make dreams happen, right now somewhere around the world someone’s holiday dreams are coming true. Our Technologists like to dream big, from big data through to big enterprise-scale solutions, they literally have their head in the clouds, the AWS Cloud that is! We now have a new vacancy for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help create our AWS DevOps strategies and implement CICD pipelines for our Cloud Platform.
How you will make an impact as an AWS DevOps Engineer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will be involved in supporting the domain as we move our development to a more incremental and componentised approach. In the main, you will be completing this work.
- You will introduce the transformation of AWS Cloud applications.
- You will implement highly repeatable deployment methods across all products in the domain.
- You will Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing.
- You will work with the Test Automation Manager to ensure the appropriate automation tests are developed and executed.
- You will Implement Cloud Environments, Continuous Delivery systems, and suitable methodologies.
- You will implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- You will define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.
- You will design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes and strive to make ongoing improvements.
- You will use a wide variety of open-source applications
- You will support roadmap creation and the cultural change necessary for the adoption of DevOps practices.
- You will work closely with the Domain Delivery team to define our Continuous Delivery approach. This includes our availability metrics, acceptance criteria, and deployment pipelines to support the delivery of change into production.
- You will be involved in ensuring that a consistent approach is taken to deployment and that availability and quality are maintained.
- You will create and maintain automated reporting processes.
What you will bring as an AWS DevOps Engineer
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- You will have a good level of experience as an AWS DevOps Engineer including applications, databases, storage, networks and all types of servers, ideally gained working for a large scale enterprise.
- You will have a deep understanding of containerisation using Docker or Amazon EC2 Container Service.
- You will have a deep understanding of Infrastructure as code and REST API integration knowledge.
- You will have proficiency with the use of Auto Scaling, as well as monitoring and logging.
- You will have a deep understanding of Cloud security features and Fault Tolerant Applications.
- You will ideally have previous Linux/Unix Administration experience
- You will have previously automated and configured AWS using Ansible.
- You will be able to code and write script in one or all of the following: PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby.
- You will have a deep understanding of CA Agile Central (CA Rally).
- You will have previous hands-on experience of AWS Services such as Compute and Network, Storage and CDN, Database, Analytics, Application Services, Deployment, and Management.
- Ideally, you will be AWS Certified. You will be able to introduce the transformation of applications
- You will create strong Cloud Security Processes and implement Fault-Tolerant Applications on the AWS platform.
- You will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong social and interpersonal skills.
TUI and you
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Competitive salary & opportunity to earn annual bonus
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.