Automation Test Lead | Luton | TUI
How you will make an impact as an Automation Test Lead
There are many ways for you to get involved:
Hi, we’re TUI, we make dreams happen, right now somewhere around the world someone’s holiday dreams are coming true. Our Technologists like to dream big, from big data through to big enterprise-scale solutions, they have their head in the clouds, the AWS Cloud that is! Our dream-makers have helped automate the management of 18 million prices on an hourly basis and now we have a new opening for an experienced Automation Test Lead to help deliver and manage the overall Automation Test Strategy for our Technology Practice. The role will encompass the following activities:
- You will ensure that benefits attainable through Automation and Performance Testing are exploited to maximise cost savings and operating efficiencies.
- You will ensure that Automation and Test tooling quality and reliability are built in to every stage of the software development life cycle.
- You will support the embedding of Test Automation into our DevOps, BDD and CI/CD Pipelines through the AWS Cloud platform.
- You will report into the Performance and Automation Test Manager and help guide an in-house and 3rd Party Automation test teams both onshore and offshore.
- You will ensure that all Automation testing activities are carried out the highest standards and that your project and delivery stakeholders are managed appropriately, kept informed of progress and properly engaged when issues arise.
- You will oversee the maintenance of the current Automation regression packs and scripts and also identifying further areas that can benefit from Automation.
- You will keep up-to-date with new Automation and Performance test technologies, methodologies and test tooling and bring best practice and shared learning for the benefit of the team and wider organisation.
- You will help manage the overall non-functional Test Strategy, test process, defect management and other activities as appropriate.
- You will be select and developing appropriate Test Automation tools and apply the latest techniques in Test Automation.
- You will use risk-focused techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various software and products; including dynamic testing approaches.
- You will work with Agile and Waterfall Development teams to capture and reuse Automated unit test cases, test stubs and drivers and other development test objects as appropriate.
- You will ensure effective use of Test Automation for the TUI implementation of DevOps and CI/CD.
- You will work with many cross-functional development and testing teams to gather and understand requirements and provide tools & frameworks to help automate new & legacy features.
What you will bring as an Automation Test Lead
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- You will have a good level of experience leading and managing Test Automation or Performance Testing projects and teams, both on-shore and off-shore, gained working for a large scale enterprise.
- You will have a deep understanding of embedding Automation delivery.
- You will have good stakeholder management skills in order to solicit the appropriate support and investment to enable and further the TUI Automation practice and strategy.
- You will have a deep understanding of embedding of Test Automation into DevOps, BDD and CI/CD Pipelines via AWS Cloud Solutions.
- You will have previously used Object Orientated (OO) languages such as Java and Python gained from a hands on coding background.
- Resource management, ensuring the right onshore / offshore mix is forecast, planned and maintained.
- You will have previous used Test Automation Tools such as Selenium, J-Meter, Webdriver Cucumber or other industry tools.
- You will have a deep understanding of implementing Test Automation Frameworks.
- You will design and drive standards and best practices in Quality Assurance and Testing, acting as an advocate for the adoption of early, and continuous, quality improvement through Automation.
- You will create strong communication channels at all levels of the company, manage expectations and provide clear updates and responses.
- You will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong social and interpersonal skills.
- You will possess excellent communication skills to maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers, strong team player.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.