Senior Data Analyst - Customer
A Senior Data Analyst within our scrum delivery teams will apply analytical methods and tools to equip the business areas with relevant and accurate information upon which they can make timely and better-informed decisions. You will be passionate about working with data and ensuring we build products and services that exposes the value of that data.
You will be responsible for supporting the data and analytics scrum teams with reporting and analysis to help plan, optimise and sustainably grow our data services.
This role will focus on delivering excellence in data analytics by identifying different types of data that need tracking to improve business performance. You will look at spotting trends in data, specific to the business area being supported. Develop and maintain BI data models in collaboration with Data & Analytics Business Partners. Conduct market/other research relevant to the business area and prepare and present regular and ad hoc analytics findings/recommendations for action (if applicable) to the business area leadership management team as appropriate.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
- Previously worked on a ”Big Data platform”, enabling non-technical users to gain insight into key business metrics
- Hands on experience with modern "Big Data" systems (e.g. Amazon RedShift, Snowflake, Athena, Glue) Snowflake is a bonus
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures
- A demonstrable ability to generate actionable insights and data stories that have had a measurable business impact
- Excellent knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, CSV ect.
- Hands-on ETL experience using tools like Matillion, Glue, Talend or SSIS
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes)
- Comfortable working with SQL / NoSQL
- Experience working with both modern compiled and dynamic / scripting languages: e.g. node, Scala, python.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- A natural curiosity and passion for diving into the data and driving game-changing decision-making
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty
- A real can-do attitude with a willingness to just get on with the job and make great things happen
- Be the data experts for that delivery functions
- Collaborate with Data Scientist to explore opportunities to deploy advanced analytics such as machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Actively participating in a TUI Analytics Community.
- Help more junior analysts in their roles.
- Be able to understand the business requirements and plot the data required to serve those requirements
- Provide in-depth marketing, sales and Service analysis across all channels as and when required, including analysis on:
- Customer interaction patterns and frequencies
- Proactively make clear recommendations to help maximise performance