|TUI Business:||Group IT|
United Kingdom | Luton | LU2 9TN | Wigmore House
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation journey and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join TUI Group’s Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) team. With executive support, the team is responsible for developing and managing the cloud strategy, implementing governance and best practices, evangelising other employees and the organization as a whole to transform the business using cloud.
The CCoE team members have ownership over the overall cloud strategy, facilitate adoption of the technology, help migrate workloads, optimize and support all of the organizations' applications journey into the cloud. Cross-functional and hands-on, the team fosters collaboration with local market teams, evangelises best practices and shares knowledge with colleagues across the IT organisation. It is responsible for overseeing all cloud activities through a dedicated governance model that keeps track of the progress of TUI’s cloud journey and how it matches its targets.
To achieve this, you will have strong technology leadership, delivery and programme/project capability along with personal characteristics including drive, energy, can-do attitude and a proven track record of delivering pragmatic solutions and measurable results.
What you will be doing
As a Cloud Architect you will part of a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are providing cloud technology thought leadership to TUI’s lines of business.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role are to:
- Define and maintain TUI’s cloud strategy and be a key sponsor of its adoption process
- Lead and drive outcomes across the cloud programme and its stakeholders
- Evaluate cloud service offerings at a regular basis and identify top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company
- Provide cloud consulting services and expertise across business, application, architecture, operations and infrastructure teams, both locally and at group level
- Provide technical expertise to facilitate the commissioning of new cloud-native solutions
- Enable the smooth on-boarding and/or migration of existing workloads into the cloud
- Develop and maintain cloud reference architectures, patterns, standards, policies and principles
- Collaborate with TUI’s cloud design authority to augment cloud landing zone capabilities through the establishment of cloud standards and recommendations, with the aim of delivering direct value to teams consuming cloud across the organisation
- Work with suppliers, partners and varied stakeholders across the group to support the realisation of established IT and business goals
- Contribute to the standardisation of TUI’s IT, by developing a deep understanding of the different business models, application workloads and technology landscape, necessary for the design of best-in-class solutions in line with TUI’s overall Group IT strategy
- Act as a cloud and technology evangelist, building an up-to-date understanding of the cloud technology base and building and/or reinforcing cloud communities of practice across the group
- Comply with governance, regulatory, data protection and data privacy requirements
- Conform with the established TUI Information Security policies and standards
You will support the Group Cloud Transformation Director and the Group Chief Technology Officer senior leadership team in defining strategies as well as creating and presenting communication material to various executive forums, steering committees and internal/external stakeholders.
What we are looking for
This is a unique opportunity for a senior technologist with a customer centric mindset to get involved in an exciting position.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- Excellent knowledge of AWS cloud computing technologies and service offering trends
- In-depth experience in architecting large-scale AWS cloud solutions and enterprise platforms
- Have demonstrable experience of building cloud reference architectures, patterns, standards, policies and principles
- Knowledge of a broad range of technologies and pragmatic architectural approaches
- Deep understanding of the implication of architectural decisions on systems performance, cost, scalability and extensibility of their design
- Thorough understanding of key foundational technologies in the areas of networking, security, infrastructure management, storage and virtualisation
- Ability to deliver API, Big Data, Cloud and DevOps driven architectures across a broad range of domains
- Experience of working in distributed multicultural teams across different lines of business and application backgrounds, including near shore and offshore team members and/or service providers
- Excellent English communicator, both verbal and written to influence, challenge, engage, negotiate and inspire your team, peers, stakeholders and leadership teams across the Group
- Commercial awareness with strong client facing and vendor relationship management skills
- Positive attitude, proactive and persistent stance, problem-solving skills and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- AWS certified cloud architect
- Experience in migration of on-premise workloads to cloud computing platforms
- Demonstrable knowledge of delivering IT systems using Agile and/or DevOps methodologies
- Software engineering background
- Basic/intermediate understanding of verbal German language
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com